Laser cutting and engraving of MDF
Eurolaser offers you CO₂ laser cutter especially configurated for MDF sheets
CO2 laser systems are optimally suitable for the cutting and engraving of MDF. The sheets must be fixed either on the cutter, nor is there a need to clean the working area from chips and dust after laser cutting. Laser cutting is characterised by high precision and consistently high cutting quality. The cut parts can directly be removed and processed without rework.
What added value have eurolaser cutter when processing of MDF?
- Combined processing with router and CO2 laser possible on one machine
- Unique variety of table sizes – suitable for many standard panel formats
- Many automation functions for optimal utilisation of the cutting system
- Special table construction for optimal processing of wooden materials
- Excellent exhausting of emerging gases – filtration possible
- Camera recognition for cutting of printed sheets
- Large format engravings (also reliefs) over the entire processing area
Material information for laser cutting and engraving of MDF:
MDF sheets (Medium Density Fibreboard), made of wood fibers and resins, are increasingly be used. MDF is a low-priced wood material. In the contrast to simple chipboard, MDF convinces of its almost twice as high lexural strength. When using machining methods, there is a high tool wear due to the high density of the panels. This disadvantage is omitted during laser cutting. Compared to conventional machining process, which is connected to a lot of dust and waste, the processing is clearly superior with a laser – both when cutting and engraving. The used glue for MDF sheets influences the cutting quality of laser systems. Epoxy resins (EP) or waterproof glue, will cause dark discoloured cutting edges during the combustion process by the laser beam. These are not required depending on the application (visible edges). Through the selection of suitable MDF varieties, the coloring can be therefore minimised. MDF is often used in furniture and exhibition stand construction, but also for the production of office products and promotional items.
For even more information please visit the manufacturer’s website.