Laser cutting of polycarbonate
Eurolaser offers laser cutter especially configurated for foils
The cutting of polycarbonate (also known as Lexan ® or Makrolon ®) with CO2 laser systems are characterised by high precision and flexibility. The varied offer of eurolaser is in particular suitable for the laser cutting of polycarbonate foils. With the parallel use of CO2 laser and knife bits on one machine, you can turn your eurolaser system into an universal cutter.
What added value have eurolaser cutter?
- High flexibility through combined cutting with knife tools and CO2 laser on one cutter
- Unique variety of table sizes – suitable for all standard foil formats
- Optimal utilisation of the laser systems through efficient automation functions
- Special tables for optimal positioning of the work pieces during cutting
- Camera recognition for the cutting of printed polycarbonate
- Large format engravings over the entire processing area
Material information about laser cutting of polycarbonate:
Polycarbonate (PC) are thermoplastic polymers which are also known as Makrolon ®, Anjalon ® Lexan ® or Durolon ®. We are daily confronted with PC in the form of front foils for touch panels, indicating instruments or even colourfully printed front panels and speedometers. Foils made of this synthetic can be processed with the laser up to a material thickness of 3 mm. Especially the contactless processing through the laser beam and the therewith related smooth cutting as well as the high precision are crucial arguments for the usage of laser technology in processing of polycarbonate foils.
For even more information please visit the manufacturer’s website.